These are the top ten all time best blogs, as of now.
|Sex and Comics?|
2. Sex, DC Comics, and ... wtf? (October 3, 2011) You remember this, right? It seems everyone has read it, probably twice. It was a study of DC Comics and their mistreatment of two of their better female characters. It includes, sex, sex, and more sex. And writing. This is post is over two and a half years old now, and still going strong. I wonder why ....
For that answer, meet me over at #3...
Disasters to Marvel At: A Comic Discussion. One of the longest-running posts on this list (Nov 8, 2010), and constantly in the top ten, this was a brief look at the past five to six years of Marvel Comics' history of absolute garbage. Looking at the top three, I need to find a way to make my blog about comic books, sex, and politics.
4. Snarky Theology 4: "Things that go boink in the night." See? Sex sells. I just need to find out how I can sell a book over how it's not sexualized. That should be fun. Anyway, I can credit my friend Jason for this title. I mentioned I wanted the Catholic position on sex. The title was the first thing that leapt to his mind. I guess it worked. This has been constantly popular since March of 2011. Maybe people are stopping by JUST for the well thought-out theological discussion on the sexual nature of the human person.
I got your strong female characters right here for ya.
6. Self defense review: Zombies, Women's self defense, Barbara Sheehan (10/26/11). I'm not sure why this one is so popular. All of the links are broken, and can't be fixed.
7. Someone has jumped the shark: women and military scifi (January 23, 2012). Tor, who seems to have become my favorite punching bag, decided to take an open-handed slap to their competition, mostly through libel.
Libel? How so? As in: "Oh, all of THOSE people are sexist, but WE are as pure as the driven snow".... give me a break.
Again, a blog about politics and sex ... sort of.
Maybe I really should find a way to make this blog about sex, politics and comic books.
Black Friday blog: Book shopping. On November 15, 2013, I tried to cash in for friends of mine, mostly because I really liked their books, and because people really needed to buy gifts. Books are always useful ... okay, and because I wanted to easily hock my books on twitter. Is that so wrong? Apparently not, because a LOT of folks have shown up to take a look at this one.
9. Music: the Eye of the Storm: Fenton This is a bit of a surprise. One part Cruxshadows, and one part killer sheep, this has been up since June 23, 2011 -- when I was going a little nutty on posting everything at once.