First of all, my publisher was bought out by someone else. For reasons I won't discuss, I'm going to be self publishing Honor at Stake soon. Probably sooner rather than later. Along with the rest of my novels
However, I'm going to be publishing the sequels after I get a rejection. Because, yes, I'm going to be submitting the whole collection of vampire novels towards Castalia House.
I have another week or two before Castalia rejects Set to Kill, so that will be interesting. I'll submit the vampire novels to them sometime later this week, so by the time I'm done with getting Set to Kill up and running, I'm going to have rejections on the other vampire novels coming in.
So it's simple
- This week: Vampire submission to Castalia, along with Sad Puppies Bite Back.
- Next week: Set to Kill rejection arrives / Set to Kill published via Createspace.
- End of June: Set to Kill launched. Vampire novels rejected by Castalia. As is Sad Puppies Bite Back.
- Start of July: Vampire novels start being released.
- July 7-11, I'll be at LibertyCon selling Set to Kill and Honor at Stake, et al.
If I'm accepted by Castalia for any or all of that ... this is going to get so much more interesting.
Before you ask, no, I'd have to pay to keep the cover. Which makes no sense to do so, since any artist I work with will be using a different set of materials anyway. Also, I can get it cheaper elsewhere.
No, I can't keep the ISBN.
No, I'm not even entirely certain that my novel will remain on Amazon while I get it up and running again.
Yes, I am certain that when it comes back, it will come back cheaper.
Anyway, I'm also working on organizing a book bomb for about a dozen novels. So ... yeah. Fun times.